Student Transfer Certificate
Notice by CBSE Board:Sir/Madam,
- The cometent authority of the Board has decided that the practise of Counter Signature of Transfer Certificates from one CBSE affliated school to another be done away with, immediate effect. Following steps should be adhered to by the Head of the Institution while giving admission to a student coming from another school ina a class -
- All the Schools Affiliated to be Board shall upload scanned copy of the Transfer Certificate's issued by them on their official website.
- All the Schools Affliated to be Board shall isue the Transfer Certificate as per the format given in Annexure 1 of the Examination Byelaws.(Copy Enclosed)
- The Schools shall also mention in the Transfer Certificate AFFILIATED TO THE CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION below the name and address of the school alongwith the Affiliation Code No.
- In the case of Transfer from one CBSE affiliated school to another,affiliation status of the school be verified friom the Board's website cbse.nic.in>e-affiliation>list of affiliated schools as also from the school's website and the name and Affiliation number recorded on the Transfer Certificate.
- The head of the school shall ensure that the name of the school from where the Transfer Certificate has been issued appears on the Board's website as an affiliated school and does not appear in the list of Disaffiliated Schools.
- The Transfer Certificate shall be countersigned by the Manager/Secretary/member of the School managing Committee and the Head of the school while forwarding the same to the Board in cases of direct admission and seeking approval from the Board.
- While countersigning it shall be mentioned *Verified from(cbse.nic.in/sourse from where verified i.e. website etc) on (date of accessing the sourse of verification) that the issuing school's name appears in the list of affiliated schools and does not appear in the list of disaffiliated schools and Countersigned.
- In case of transfer from a school recognized by / affiliated to any other recognized Board, the genuineness of the Transfer Certificate be got ascertained and countersigned from the authority controlling th school,as per past practise.
- In case of doubt/apprehension about the Transfer Certificate,the matter be referred to the Board for clarification.
- School managements shall mak all out efforts to admit students having valid Transfer Certificate from a school recognized by/affiliated to recognized Boards
- A copy of circular in this regard issued by Controller of Exam dated 26.11.14 can also be obtained from the Board's official website www.cbse.nic.in